Maybe a Unique Member? Need some direction in the world of MIDI Show Control

Hello,

I recently became an independent sales rep for a company that sells MIDI & DMX products. I'm an independent sales rep for products across multiple industries and MIDI Show Control being the newest.

My employer has a newly patented product that is a MODULAR and allows anyone using MIDI Show Control to build a system for their current needs and can't add later. It's the only customizable system in the world like it and I'm looking for distribution and or dealer opportunities for my company.

Do any of you know of any suppliers or distributors in the MIDI Show Control industry that companies with large commercial needs get their supply from? Companies like Disney use MIDI show control for their 4 parks. The Bellagio uses MIDI Show control equipment for their fountain and some amphitheaters use it as well.

This is a brand new endeavor for me, so if any of you can point me in the right direction to distributors/dealers/suppliers of commercial equipment in the industry who might benefit from it, that would be very much appreciated.

I look forward to learning more about the industry and becoming an active member of the board. Thanks!

Michael

Welcome to ControlBooth, Michael.

Here's what I would do: try to get the blessing/recommendation/endorsement of Richmond Sound Design. Charlie was (is?) the biggest advocate of MSC and were it not for his efforts, there wouldn't be MIDI show control.

Note that another expert in the field, JohnHuntington, author of the definitive book on the subject Control Systems for Live Entertainment, Third Edition (you have read that, right?) of late is moving away from MSC in favor of ACN and other protocols.

Thank you for asking your question without a hard sell or spamming the forum. Being a manufacturer/rep./dealer on an educational forum is a difficult position to find oneself in, as the line between recommending a product and hawking one's wares is a thin and often blurry one. If you think your product(s) can help answer the question "How do I sync my lightboard to the soundtrack?" then by all means post as applicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to ControlBooth, Michael.

Here's what I would do: try to get the blessing/recommendation/endorsement of Richmond Sound Design. Charlie was (is?) the biggest advocate of MSC and were it not for his efforts, there wouldn't be MIDI show control.

Note that another expert in the field, JohnHuntington, author of the definitive book on the subject Control Systems for Live Entertainment, Third Edition (you have read that, right?) of late is moving away from MSC in favor of ACN and other protocols.

Thank you for asking your question without a hard sell or spamming the forum. Being a manufacturer/rep./dealer on an educational forum is a difficult position to find oneself in, as the line between recommending a product and hawking one's wares is a thin and often blurry one. If you think your product(s) can help answer the question "How do I sync my lightboard to the soundtrack?" then by all means post as applicable.

Thank you for the reply. My intention isn't to spam or seeking buyers for the product I represent. I'm building a database of potential licensees through distribution agreements. The rights to the newly patented technology is also available for license through manufacturing even though it is already commercially available. I have compiled a pretty targeted list so far, but I could always use more companies.

I appreciate the answer you gave. It was very informative. As far as your question about my products, yes, you can sync your lightboard to the soundtrack. You can build a system that is only what you want and nothing you don't need. It's very unique and quite intriguing as its the only patented MIDI Control system that is modular and customizable.

If you would like more info on it, I could always email you some information if you'd like.

Take care and have a wonderful evening.

Kind regards,

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to thank you for directing me to Charlie Richmond! I feel really good about our progress now.

Thanks a ton to Control Booth!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back