Modern LED tape

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Four node LED white tape... very impressive. Superbright LED's.
Even a single section of it is minds eye at least as bright as a 60w lamp on each say 3" section for minds eye output. Just a rope of high output light without a source of it beyond that 1" wide strip of light. Believe it's like 1,300 lumens per foot in intensity. It's that good. In comparision to a T-5 high output fluorescent lamp... much better.

Single node and single wide high output tape was also great from them! Like in the 280 lumen range for output per foot which is about 100 lumens better than normal high output LED tape for white. What was better was that the nodes were closer together - it was hard to detect individual nodes as lit up as was the intent and a before problem.

Its not IP-65 weatherproof gear I am noting by the way... not needed for the project.

Attachments

• 24v four node.jpg
    24v four node.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 478
Pretty cool stuff.

You should of built the light box with this stuff. They might of sent it back saying it was too bright :clap::clap::clap:

I base my LED tape choice of Lumens per foot based off experience in having done a lot of light boxes - school and experience in doing so helping. School in teaching me to open my eyes as to output, coverage etc; experience in teaching me to minds eye what will work best based on data. As with experience as the huge thing... how many man/hours it will take to complete - that's the hardest part of the quote to estimate beyond materials. Also the choice of IP-65 weather rating need or not.

Flexible Neon a different thing and much less output. Other projects such as ones just this week. I do LED tape projocts perhaps every other week, thus me posting about stuff like the 4 node wide stuff, and did I mention the side of the tape LED node stuff? Just as interesting. fastinating stuff being invented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back