Moore, Ok Auditorium Manager job Opening

That is an interesting read. Sounds like the position is also the IT man as well. I just might apply :)

I found the job description a fascinating read. Sounds like they are looking for a computer repair technician / lighting-sound person. What a strange combination to post for. I wonder if they had a slot for a computer guy and added the lighting-sound -OR- they piggy backed the computer repair on the lighting-sound. Most likely they are replacing someone who just grew into both jobsl.

The discussions of "Physical and Mental Requirements" was fascinating.

I also liked the fact that the document was approved in 1998 and last updated in 2001.

Is this the way these kinds of job posting for high schools are these days?

Lighting and Sound expertise? Wherever I work it's been one or another, but very rarely someone can succeed at both. I'm comfortable with anything on a lighting console as long as nothing need to move, but the most sound I'll do is mix some handheld mics with a CD on an analog board.

A lot of schools do mix auditorium tech and AV/computer tech position due to budget constraints. Although they say expert, clearly they need someone who knows enough to keep things running on a daily basis

It may be a budgetary title. I know in NY, computer technician positions are aided with funding, so the district provides less contribution to their salaries if they call the position computer tech. Anything close is often put into that category. I have seen districts post mainly secretarial positions as computer tech (of course it has to involve fixing computers or more likely programming of some sort) for this reason.

For this position, it looks like an all-around av/computer position, that is being focused on performing arts. You would have to interview to get the details.

Basically what they are looking for is for someone to be there to schedule when people will be in the auditorium, be able to use the light and sound board, although we already have a light guy. And set up for events like choir concert band concet, and other things like that.

According to my school district paychecks, I'm a "Special Project." Must not be a theater technician role they can add to the payroll system or it's something that the state wouldn't recognize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back