Moving light technician new to South Jersey

Avi

Greetings from South Jersey!
I recently just took over the moving light department of a production company in South Jersey. I've been freelancing in the area as a programmer, and before I moved here last year I was on tour for three years. I am mainly in the shop testing, repairing, maintaining, and prepping for shows, but sometimes I get sent out for programming or technician gigs.

Looking to network and keep myself up to date with fellow designers, programmers, and technicians.

Welcome to the booth.

Welcome aboard!

I assume your inventory includes more than three moving heads of dubious Chinese origin. (Unlike mine...) Mind Sharing what your pan & Tilt army is comprised of?

Definitely!
Martin- Mac 700 profiles, Auras
Clay Paky- Mythos, Sharpy, B eye K20
Chauvet- Rogue R2 spots, R1 washes, Maverick MK2 spot
Vari-Lite- 1000 TSD, 2500 wash and spot, 3000 wash, 3500 wash and spot
High end- trackspots, technobeam, studio colors, studio spots

As far as control goes,
ETC- 1000, 2000, Express 24/48 and 48/96, Smarfade 1248 and 2496
Dual pathport node
Grand Ma- 1 and 2 Lite and full size. Ma2 dot. NPU
High End- Roadhoag III, Hog 500, Hog 1000, and Hog II (Which I use as my test console)
Avolites- Pearl 2000 Rollacue
Martin- Light Jockey

Show baby 5, 6, and WDMX for wireless control

My programming background is more with Hogs than MAs so I am excited to have the opportunity to learn more about those consoles. I found the user friendly format of the dot2 to be helpful, and I am interested in exploring networking capabilities of the MK2 spots.

EdSavoie, What flavor of Chinese technology are your moving heads? Are they LED?

Nice, always eager to hear about other setups.

I should give the moving heads credit where credit is due, I have two with a 10W osram quad chip (all four are cold white) with colour and gobo wheel that has been doing it's job wonderfully. There's a thread on here by the name of "Is anyone using these laughably cheap movers" with details, but the third unit is a 60W osram RGBW quad with infinite pan and tilt capability, but has no gobo wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back