Control/Dimming Need Monitor

gakupp

I need to know if a 9 pin monochrome monitor will work on a Colortran Scenemaster 60. The manual only says plug your monitor into the Local CRT, but it does not specify monochrome or CGA. I know VGA and EGA 15 pins will not work. We are stuck with this old Colortran controller because our Colortran Prestige burned up (the fan went out and it overheated). We still have dimmers using the old Colortran CMX protocol and don't have the money to convert to DMX. I called Colortran/NSI/Levitron and their techs don't even remember working on that board, and they say the file for the board does not specify monochrome or CGA. Since the Scenemaster is in the same era as the Prestige, it makes sense that it would use a monochrome monitor. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

...Since the Scenemaster is in the same era as the Prestige, it makes sense that it would use a monochrome monitor. ...
I'm fairly certain you are correct. I can't recall ever seeing a Colortran monitor of that era that wasn't monochrome amber/TTL.

...We still have dimmers using the old Colortran CMX protocol and don't have the money to convert to DMX. ...
Converting the D192 dimmers to DMX may be less expensive than you think:
In the event that you have Colortran D192 dimmers, the control electronic module can can be easily and relatively cheaply converted to DMX.
I would contact Steve Short at Litetrol Service in Hicksville, NY. Litetrol has most of the older C-Tran dimmer and console parts that NSI didn't move from SoCal to Oregon ?, way back when NSI brought up C-Tran. Steve can do this chip conversion. 1 800 LITE-TROL ...
The simple conversion from CMX to DMX involves:
1. The installation of a 4 MHz crystal to allow the UART to run at 250 kbps.
2. Changing one resistor value
Steve Short at Lite-trol should be able to help. ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back