Automated Fixtures Neo-Neon Mach 5 Moving head review

Hi Bill, and thanks for the mention! :grin:

The McDonalds gobo looks to be steel (as I see the registered trademark is bridged) and can be cleaned up a little if a slight donut is applied to the lens edge. The small amount of halo isn't a big deal but can be managed with just a little help. I've prototyped ellipsoidal donuts for special installations where the gobo text was very wide (left to right) yet very narrow (top to bottom). Cutting Stage Foil into a 6.25 square and trimming a small window matching the gobo text size limited the light output to some degree but REALLY cleaned up the projection!

Just a thought-

(That fixture cuts through the ambient light very well, Bill!)

Irradiant's Mech 5 moving head

Here's an email I received from a friend along with a picture.

Bill,
took another quick picture of the mech 5...

this time with the prism engaged with a stock gobo on a wall 65 feet away in complete daylight with lights on in a huge cafeteria... it is truly amazing how bright these units are...

proxy.php

NIGHTMARE. The MECH 5 has been the most problematic and unstable mover I have ever encountered.

I have 2 early units from Neo-Neon (after the bought Geni-the original manufacturer of the MECH series). I have been bantering with Neo-Neon for about 6 years over these units (bought as samples to test-thank God we didn't order quantity). Neo-Neon's product support is like it's quality control, testing and inspection process.....apparently non-existent.

NIGHTMARE. The MECH 5 has been the most problematic and unstable mover I have ever encountered.

I have 2 early units from Neo-Neon (after the bought Geni-the original manufacturer of the MECH series). I have been bantering with Neo-Neon for about 6 years over these units (bought as samples to test-thank God we didn't order quantity). Neo-Neon's product support is like it's quality control, testing and inspection process.....apparently non-existent.

Were you dealing with Neo-Neon directly or with Irradiant? I have several in the field for more than a year now without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back