Never too late to be new.

Greetings, I've been lurking for years and finally decided to jump in. Next year will be my 30th anniversary in the field. I worked for 15 years at the Tennessee Performing Arts Center. Opened and managed a PAC for a local university. For the last five years I've worked in system design and integration. I'm an ETCP Certified Rigger/ Theatre and I dabble as a Lighting Designer and Production Manager for various arts organizations in and around Nashville, TN.

Welcome. One of my former employers was the consultant on TPAC - which I think has seen major renovations since then. Neat city. Love the Ryman. I thin I worked on the War Memorial renovation in 80s and a little black box kind of space at Vanderbilt - another former employer and I had just begun my career as theatre consultant so no real role in that.

I have spent time in all those venues. Yes TPAC has received many makeovers, technical and aesthetic over the years and I participated in several of them. We were big into the "do it yourself and save" train of thought. It was a great place to learn. Nashville is a booming town with two major venues, the convention center and a huge addition to the country music hall of fame in the last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back