New Favorite Thing.

ship

Senior Team Emeritus
Premium Member
Bought this Elmers Carpenter’s “Wood Glue Dual Tip Pen”. I absolutely love it even if a pain in the rear to re-fill way. Kind of wish there were two pens to it, one the broad glue spreading side especially useful for spreading on 3/4" edges, the other the pen tip for smaller applications in making it easier to re-fill on the opposing side. No, I’m not going to buy a new one each time I need to re-fill... much less in running a strip on a board have time to buy another if short and an extra not in stock. Rather pre-re-fill by way of 16oz glue bottle that’s carefully filled by way of 1gal. jug.

It’s only 1oz of glue so there is not a lot there - gotta constantly re-fill it on a project. Still though the spreading of the wide tip does so better than any other water bottle or glue container I have used before.

Even bought a Tool Shop glue spreading roller.. Ok for wider surfaces as a concept in spreading glue as long as you take apart, scrape and clean it before each use, but in the end it’s applicator wasn’t sufficient. That and perhaps water down and mix the glue a bit..
Cut and sanded away that part of it in giving better tolerances and only use it as a half way decent glue spreading roller now after drizzling glue onto the surface from a 16oz glue bottle. Only good part of the Tool Shop glue roller was that it’s fairly easy to take apart and scrape, though the rubber roller will wear out before long with all the scraping. It does spread glue sufficiently for now.

Glue too thick in layer not a good thing in bonding, glue not sufficiently spread also not a good thing. The Elmer’s glue pen.. Really a nice thing to have as long as you keep it filled. Clogging also isn’t much of a problem so far. Cheap and economical also in not buying something no doubt better already out there. Sure I’ll still just drizzle an area of glue and staple immediately on some things, but for fine woodworking, I’m sold especially on their broad tip applicator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back