New, kinda. . .

I've been a member of CB for awhile but never really trolled (until recently), or posted at all, due to the lack of internet in my main office.

I'm a technical director in Fairbanks, Alaska. About as far removed the real world of theater as you can get. I, and my employees over see usage of three performance spaces of varying sizes. Only one of which is crap due to architectural design and the lack of a design firm asking the right people before breaking ground...

Prior experience includes working for Pioneer Theater Company as a scenic carpenter/electrician. The ME was a jerk and made me crawl under sharp catwalks and lift heavy things. . . joking! I miss the proscenium hangs!

Graduated from the University of Alaska, Fairbanks with a BA in design and technical theater.

When I started college I was working towards pre med. . . where did I go wrong.

Welcome to CB! Thanks for finally taking the time to stop by and introduce yourself. I hope you enjoy your time here.

~Dave

Welcome to the Booth! We've got someone from Anchorage who hangs out here occasionally... can't remember the name... and SharynF is from Sitka which is still a long way from Anchorage but closer than most of us.

Prior experience includes working for Pioneer Theater Company as a scenic carpenter/electrician. The ME was a jerk and made me crawl under sharp catwalks and lift heavy things. . . joking! I miss the proscenium hangs!

:drool: Please do share more. Us regulars love stories about that evil Pioneer Theater ME.:twisted:

Has he mentioned that one of his electrician's (not me) accidentally loaded a regular empty batten to the nearby electrics weight? Rope lock held, until someone tried fly out the "empty" batten. One of my first projects when I took over up here was tagging the dedicated electrics a lovely red color on the arbor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back