new teacher here..

ttruck23

Hi everyone
I found this site when looking up information about teaching middle school students drama...HELP...

About me, I am a fairly new performer who is prodominately trained in physical theater: circus, mime, clown, and aerial work. I would love to know about any physical theater that happens here in LA..

But the main reason that I am here is to ask for any advise in teaching drama as I am not classically trained in the art of acting. I would love to know of any plays that you feel would be good for middle school students ages 11-14.

For the younger years I am working on character development as well as physical awareness

for the 8th graders, I am looking for a few plays to work with all around the idea of tollerance and diversity. Most of the students are coming from the perspective of urban Latino culture.

Thanks for having this site as a resource and I look forward to speaking to any of you.

Tyler

Welcome Tyler; we're glad you found us. Control Booth is devoted to technical theatre. While we often stretch the definition to include all technical aspects of live entertainment, and even sometimes DJ and film/video, I think we must draw the line at actors and performers!;)

Seriously though, your questions would likely be better served at TheatreFace - Putting a Face on Theatre. Much like the Macy's Santa recommending Gimbel's, we just want to help you.

We hope you'll stick around, or come back when it comes time to light, costume, and build sets for your production.

And also try a book called Improvisation by David Booth. It's kind of in line with Rick's approach. And like Derek said: whenever you get questions on production issues, you've got the right place!
Good luck!

Welcome to the Booth! As was said there are better places for drama teachers as we are more tech oriented. But there are a couple of threads here for you to check out.

This one is full of ideas from yours truly to get you started.

This one refers to another website that may be worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back