'nother time lapse

Here is a time lapse of all the stuff we had to do on a nightly basis to setup for a performance

Thanks to both of you- very, very cool peek into your prep time!

Parker, can you explain how you made the time lapse?

Sure, i will do my best to explain the process... basically I did an internet search on how to turn a graphing calculator into an Intervalometer (essentially, a program to fire the shutter on a regular basis without me standing there and pressing it). I connected the calculator to my camera (via the remote input jack on the side) and connected the other end to the calculator jack - i think the cable was 2.5mm with male on both ends. Then I "wrote" the program into the calculator and pressed "execute!"... I had that camera on a tripod in the back of the room and let it take a photo every 45 seconds (or there abouts... the formula in the program isn't an exact measurement of seconds). It is important to have the file numbering for the photos set to sequential and start with a blank card and plenty of battery... then let it go all day! You can do some pretty cool tricks with the photos too... we tried some with our video... falling down/running in slow motion/adding people or objects into each consecutive shot/etc. Then, the tricky part is getting the photos into the video and setting the lapse of time for each shot to the appropriate time so that the video makes sense and doesn't take too long to watch it. I used Window's Movie Maker to compile all of the photos into a video. It has a function where you can grab all of the photos at once (starting with the first one) and dump them all into a video. Then you can go back in and add titles/captions/notes to the video and upload to your favorite file sharing site!
Hope this info helps- I can try to clarify any parts that are confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back