Control/Dimming Obsession 2 Bugs

Lydia

I have an obsession 2 on version 5.1.0 and i have noticed a few strange things and wanted to ask around...

1. I can get the console to midi master but not slave, any thoughts?
2. The RFU port on the back of the faceplate works fine but the one on the CPU does not.
3. The grand master doesn't grab all the channels, they are not independent but there are about thirty of them with no noticeable pattern. Here they are:
193-196
220-222

Hi @Lydia ,
1. I can get the console to midi master but not slave, any thoughts?
Is it possible that you do not have the device ID set or receive enabled? See Chapter 29 (page 327 (343 in PDF)) of the Obsession II Manual.
It could also be the commands that you are sending the Obsession have an issue. More detail about the commands received can be found in the above chapter and here on our wiki.
2. The RFU port on the back of the faceplate works fine but the one on the CPU does not.
This could be a hardware issue or a software configuration issue. I would first check to see that the RFU isn't accidentally connected to the ETCLink port next to the RFU port. They have the same connector.
Another check is if the RFU powers up, what does the LCD screen say?
You may find it better to contact your local ETC Technical Services to troubleshoot this via phone.

Americas - 1.608.831.4116
London - +44 (0)20 8896 1000
Germany - +49 (8024) 47 00-0
Hong Kong - (+852) 2799 1220

3. The grand master doesn't grab all the channels, they are not independent but there are about thirty of them with no noticeable pattern. Here they are: [List Omitted]
Does this same behavior occur if you start a new show? Is it possible that you have multiple users configured? The grandmaster may not affect channels that have been assigned to another user.

Thank you :). For parts one and three i have a few days later this week that i will be able to wipe the console and try those ideas out. As for the RFU the unit does not even power on when we plug it in and it is the correct port.

If the RFU is not powering on but does work fine in other places, it is likely that the fuse (located just below and slightly left of the RFU port) is either bad or missing. Replacing that fuse would be the first thing to do. That fuse is ETC part number F141 (2.5A 250V SB 5x20mm) and can be ordered from your favorite ETC dealer or sourced at your favorite electronic supply shop.

If the RFU is not powering on but does work fine in other places, it is likely that the fuse (located just below and slightly left of the RFU port) is either bad or missing. Replacing that fuse would be the first thing to do. That fuse is ETC part number F141 (2.5A 250V SB 5x20mm) and can be ordered from your favorite ETC dealer or sourced at your favorite electronic supply shop.
Wiping the console seems to have fixed the grandmaster problem. I checked the fuse and it is good. I'll put in a call. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back