Obsession DRC

Swingaxle

I've been doing some research on the history of lighting consoles recently, and I've come across something I'd like to know more about. I'm having lots of trouble finding in depth information (manuals, pics, existence of...) regarding the Obsession II Designers Remote Console. All I've managed to get is two small schematics in the description of the ObII DPS. Did they actually make one? Can it function independently of a processor? I'm going to show what I found to my conservatory's ME tomorrow, because that would be an awesome tool for our main space, so if anyone knows of one for sale, let me know.

Our theatre isn't about to buy an EOS, we just got an ION which travels between our three spaces only if it's absolutely needed. Otherwise it lives in our dance space. We're not really going to upgrade because there is nothing we're going to buy in the foreseeable future that would really require one. I wish we could afford some LED strips and some more movers though.

I've already seen the brief technical description from the history and from the manuals. I've already searched ETC, it's downloads, the Internet Archive, and just about every used gear site I can find. I'm looking for hands on reports and personal pictures more than anything else, I want to know what its like, and its actual usefulness from real people that I can converse with. Sorry to be so picky, but I wouldn't be asking this if I hadn't already spent a week looking for info about it.

Thank you for responding though

Last edited:
Post the question over on the LightNetwork. Tim Buchman haunts that site and as the former console operator at NY's City Center Theater, is one of the most knowledgable - outside of the ETC folks, about ETC gear, especially Obsession. Post ont he ETC Forum as well and maybe the ETC folks will see it quicker then here.

Steve B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back