Opinions on this show?

About 2 or 3 months ago, i programmed a light show on a Jands Vista T2 for my church's youth choir. The shows were completely automated, and being fired out of QLab running on a Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion installed. While everything went very well, i'm actually curious what you guys think of the show... Was it too much? Could i have done something better? Something differently? Etc.

The lighting system at this church is very nice, and includes over 100 LED fixtures, a Vista T2, some Nexera color changers, two ETC Revolutions, and more conventional fixtures than i can count.

This performance is typically not coordinated very well, so there WAS some live intervention in places, and it is much more obvious in some places than in others. There was also an intro song/show that was VERY involved lighting wise, but there's apparently no video evidence of it...

Anywho, the show:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chi Alpha 2013 Rise Up Tour- Heros - YouTube
The choir was was being manually driven through most of the show, which is why it appears that an operator wasn't sure where they should be... The lights up front, center stage, were mostly all programmed, though.

And then a more upbeat song from the same night:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chi Alpha 2013 RISE UP Tour- Let's Get This Party Started - YouTube

I'm 18, and this is the high school choir at my church, so i know it's not perfect... Just looking for advice and opinions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back