OSP HS 09?

Does anyone have experience with the OSP ear-set microphone? It seems like a good deal at $150... But then again, its $150 :rolleyes: .

I could not find any previous threads on it, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

James, see my post here: inexpensive-earset-microphones-fyi . These are 115 ea. and the company will overnight them, cheaper if you use the single earset. They also make an assortment of Lav's.

Previous posts about the OSP "countryman clone"showed disfavor

Here is a link to another thread of this topic.

What was your experience with these microphones? Do they have good sound quality for use in musicals?

$99 - $112 seems kind of cheap to me, which sorta scares me.

PS) I just found that we can't use the OSP models, they don't have a connector for Lectrosonic.

These guys will put what ever end you need. I had them put on Audio-Technica 4 pin hi rose. I just checked their website, I saw several models of lectorsonics in the drop down list. If your particular model is not listed. Email them, they typically respond within a business day.

I used them for "Babes in Arms" on all my leads - the mic's worked great, my AT packs though, are showing their age.

Normally, when the actor is speaking, I turn the mic way down or out. When the dsong starts I pot up the volume of the singer so they can be heard over the (unmic'd) orchestra - I work with kids, mommy and daddy wants to hear their little girl - of course, I am one of those parents too.

Inexpensive does not always mean cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back