PA Headset Needed for Tour Buss Aplication - Wired or Wireless

djyojoe

I'm an often visitor of CB. Mostly just enjoy reading posts and responses.

Today i get a call from a friend. He is looking for a Headset that transmits in FM so the FM radio can receive, to be used as a PA on Tour Busses. Being in California, I guess there has been some passenger complaint’s about the Buss drivers not using a hands free system when the drivers are doing announcements over the PA while driving. I told him I would do some research. Usually I spend the time looking for something for the needs. This time I figure I would give CB a try.

So does anyone know of a headset system that is or could be used on a Buss application as a PA? I know busses usually have PA systems built in. But require the use of the handheld Mic with a PTT button on it. I don't think it needs to be wireless. I could easily build a headset for there needs with a PTT button someplace convenient to the driver while driving (like a foot switch). But this will be needed for a fleet of 30+ busses.

So is there anything similar that would transmit FM with a VOX option? Or maybe even a Bluetooth earpiece that could be paired to a Car Radio or similar equipment capable to receive the Bluetooth signal and broadcast on the car speakers. I use to install car audio a number of years ago. I know there is some tricked stuff out there in the car audio world. But I no longer have any contacts in that line of work and haven't been to NAMM or other similar trade shows lately.

I agree with Kyle, I've never used an FM transmitter that works for more than an hour of driving without interference.

I agree with Kyle, I've never used an FM transmitter that works for more than an hour of driving without interference.

I have an XM radio with a car dock that uses an FM transmitter that attaches directly to the car's antenna. It works great, but that's the only FM transmitter I have ever had much luck with.

Bus drivers, rig drivers, police officers, and other rigs with CB's in them have been using hand held mics for decades, hasn't been a problem before.

If you are deadset on such a system you're wasting your time with FM, you'd want a completely separate system.

Thanks for the reply's. And Yes, I understand the headaches of having to use FM transmitters. But we are fortunate enough that these buss's are in a rural area that won't ever have another FM interference issue. If you read the post. You would have noticed the words "Similar". So it didn't have to be using FM. I was just asking to see if anyone knew something I didn't know already. But that's OK. I've got them taken care of now.

Thank You Again

Thanks for the reply's. And Yes, I understand the headaches of having to use FM transmitters. But we are fortunate enough that these buss's are in a rural area that won't ever have another FM interference issue. If you read the post. You would have noticed the words "Similar". So it didn't have to be using FM. I was just asking to see if anyone knew something I didn't know already. But that's OK. I've got them taken care of now.

Thank You Again

What did you end up doing, if you don't mind me asking? I hate when I search the forums, come across the exact thread I need, and there isn't an answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back