Projecting real-time captioning

rbalewski

Hi all
Our church is looking into putting real-time captioning on screens in the sanctuary. The caption feed will also be incorporated into the online video and DVD we create from the service. Once we start live streaming, it'll also be used to close-caption the live stream.

To that end, I found a device that looks quite interesting. It's called the enCaption 3. Here's a link:

http://www.enco.com/products/encaption3.html

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this device or live captioning in general that can offer some advice. We have other options - a live stenographer in-house doing captioning or a remote captioning service where we send the audio and they return a real-time caption data stream. But the pastor wants to look into this hardware solution first.

I sent an email to the company asking for pricing info and so forth and haven't heard back from them - so that already doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about their service. Has anyone come across a similar gadget or software solution? So far, my searches have only turned up this system.

Thanks!

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back