pryo crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smcl001

I'm looking to add 2 flash & smoke entrance and a small spark/flame shooting effect to a production. My producers want me (the TD) to rig them myself but I have no experience with such effects. What are the steps I would need to take to do this safely, legally, and affectively?

I'm leaning toward mini-flash pots and a small flash cotton fueled flint flasher for the "flame-shooting" fx. Any suggestions on better solutions are welcomed.

I am personally leaning toward just outsourcing the effects to a licensed professional but I don't know what the price of that would be or of any good local professionals that would do such a small gig... I'm just at a loss and advice would be nice...

Smcl001, please see FAQ/Content Policies/Safety:
The users of ControlBooth, in a effort to police themselves, have evolved the following: No discussion of "how-to" of rigging, pyrotechnics, human flight, stunt falls, weapons and electrical will be permitted. Our stock answer to these questions is always "Consult a qualified professional."
A Google search for "stage pyrotechnician Boston" yields many possible solutions.

I'm looking to add 2 flash & smoke entrance and a small spark/flame shooting effect to a production. My producers want me (the TD) to rig them myself but I have no experience with such effects. What are the steps I would need to take to do this safely, legally, and affectively?

I'm leaning toward mini-flash pots and a small flash cotton fueled flint flasher for the "flame-shooting" fx. Any suggestions on better solutions are welcomed.

I am personally leaning toward just outsourcing the effects to a licensed professional but I don't know what the price of that would be or of any good local professionals that would do such a small gig... I'm just at a loss and advice would be nice...

Get a Professional!

The only advice we can give you is if you can not hire a professional, you should not be doing the effect.

There are WAY too many ways this could go wrong and kill someone. Contact your local lighting/staging company and see if they know anyone in the area that is certified. Its not going to be cheap, but a losing lives will cost you much more then hiring the right people.

Otherwise, you could end up in prison for killing people or be dead yourself.
The Station nightclub fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hire a professional. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back