Relaxing Cables

...I prefer a citrus-based cleaner for my cables...
Look carefully at the ingredients list. Many effective "citrus-based" cleaners are mostly petroleum distillates, with fruity scent added.
For removal of gooey tape residue, I like to start with WD-40, and work my way up to naphtha. I've also found Liquid Nails® Remover to be an effective solvent for practically anything non-water based.

Look carefully at the ingredients list. Many effective "citrus-based" cleaners are mostly petroleum distillates, with fruity scent added.
For removal of gooey tape residue, I like to start with WD-40, and work my way up to naphtha. I've also found Liquid Nails® Remover to be an effective solvent for practically anything non-water based.

No I mean a citrus oil based cleaner not a citrus smelling cleaner. There are several on the market that are purely concentrated orange oil. I'll go look up one of them that is specifically designed for cable cleaning and is 100% organic.
Here you go Arnco has two
3M has a couple as well.
You still have to be careful with them as they will suck the lipids right out of your skin and leave you with the worst case of dishpan hands you've ever seen at the least.

p.s. Derek, WD-40 is nothing but Petroleum distillates. I love it as they are mostly freindly, ei they don't eat plastics, but they're still nasty.

Last edited:
Then the audio comes though louder than normal but all slurred!

no, it sounds fine during the rehersal but when it comes to performance time it forgets half of the second verse.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back