Rigging point in glulam beam

Status
Not open for further replies.

malex

What would be the best method of installing points in the beam in the attached picture? Will be hanging a single 10' pipe off of two points. 8 LED PARS with included cabling. Load will be less than 100 pounds including fixtures, cabling and the pipe.
I'd like to run a rated shoulder eye bolt through the beam, but I'm not sure about sideloading the eye bolt. Should I use a floor plate on the underside of the beam and lag upward? Maybe a hanger iron through bolted or lagged?
This is an install in a church and will be highly visible. I don't want the lay people in the congregation doubting the integrity just off of visual appeal.
15241919_10154741483816796_1466574557300290409_n.jpg

Malex, I have seen the method you propose used before, in a light load situation. However, Giving Rigging advice or even recommendations based on a photograph, would be terribly misguided and a major violation of our safety protocols here on CB. Especially given the fact that this particular rigging would be directly above the heads of parishioners I would recommend consulting with a Professional, Licensed Rigger or Engineer in your area.

Besides hiring a rigger to do the installation, you should also consult a structural engineer to determine the safe load rating for the beam and roof. If you need help finding a qualified engineer Starr a private conversation with @BillConnerFASTC. If you need help finding a qualified rigger to do the work contact @egilson1. Both may do the work themselves or help you find someone in you area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back