Rigging Requirements

bluemando

Anybody know what you have to do to be able to do rigging in like a municipal convention center in California? Are there State mandated requirements or testing for certification?

Thanks

I would check with the venue. Many places are requiring ETCP certified riggers. Some just want a single guy that supervises others, other venues want all certified riggers.
If you are looking to work in one it is going to be different building to building and if they are union or not.

I don't have nearly the amount of hours required for the rigging portion. But I am considering taking the electrics portion, since I am a bit more suited there.

In Re: the OP question:
There are no federal or universal regulation or requirements. Every state, city, venue can have their own rules which may or may not be more stringent or more lax, than the next.

If you want to rig in a specific venue, start by contacting their steward or the IA BM to lead you to the person with the answers. If you are asking general, contact the local for that area and ASK! Also check with the local Iron workers, Elevator Workers and Crane operators unions or reps and ASK.

Bottom Line..... No real single answer, you have to do some foot work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back