Rigging Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous067

What type of wire (and by wire, I mean a fly-wire type stuff) is used to fly speakers with?

I want to stack two EV ZX5's (horizontally), one on top of the other, and have two "mini arrays" for Left and Right.

I've searched through the manual and figured out the whole eyebolt thing, but I simply don't know what to use for connections between the two eyebolts.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, you have touched on a subject we are not allowed to discuss here on CB. The short answer is if you have to ask, you should hire a professional to do it. Discussion of how to rig something violates the terms of use here. Please contact a qualified professional to help you with the project.

~Dave

Have you seen redacted?

I'm not sure if it will work in your application, but it'll probably be easier and safer than rigging.

Beyond that, get somebody who knows what they're doing to set you up.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to PM me I'll tell you what I used.

In general my understanding of the engineering requirements is for the rigging to have redacted ....

In general my understanding of the engineering requirements is for the rigging to have redacted....
When it comes to rigging, I never want to hear someone say "in my general understanding." If you only have a general understanding, perhaps it would be best not to offer advice over the internet? Remember, when rigging goes wrong, people can die.

If you want to PM me I'll tell you what I used.

In general my understanding of the engineering requirements is for the rigging to have redacted....

FWIW, the professional (etcp certifed) rigger that we brought in to work on some stuff here said that an 8:1 safety factor for anything overhead was current standard, and a minimum of 10:1 for life safety. Your redacted margin of safety isn't enough.

Sorry folks, but you really can't say much more without violating our TOS.

The users of ControlBooth, in a effort to police themselves, have evolved the following: No discussion of "how-to" of rigging, pyrotechnics, human flight, stunt falls, weapons and electrical will be permitted. Our stock answer to these questions is always "Consult a qualified professional."

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back