Sagging muslin on periaktoi

Ruth Kear

Any ideas on how to tighten muslin on already painted periaktoi. They have been moved around the stage a great deal and bear many finger indentations. I am worried that spraying it may create runs in the scenes already painted. Thanks for any ideas...

You should be able to spray it with hot water without problem. As the cleaner bottle says, test first in an inconspicuous area.

"lightly" spray with hot water. Usually doesn't take much. If you can do it on the back side even better, a hand pump spray bottle on a super fine mist or a Hudson, also on a super fine mist, works great

Agreed with the above! Hot water sprayed on the back if possible.

I't might take longer and you run the risk of perhaps 'melting' some paint but I see no reason it wouldn't work. Most steamers have short hoses on them though.... and the Costume shop hates when you steal them for use in the scenic shop...

IVe used a steamer before with success. Just take your time... And yes be very nice to wardrobe.
Use on the back side if at all possible.

Yeah I might of had someone hold the steamer unit up to reach the top. Certainly not ideal.

Reactions: Van

Users who are viewing this thread

Back