Schools...

bull

Hey guys, I've started looking at schools, and figured this would be the best place to ask for opinions.

Does anybody know anything or have experience with The Theatre School at Depaul University, or University of North Carolina School of the Arts, or the University of Georgia's theatre program?

I would be going for either Lighting Design or Stage Management

I live less than 20 miles away from UNCSA but I don't really know much about the school itself. I know that a few of my high school tech theater friends want to go there. One of them said their scene shop is friggin' amazing! I have no first-hand experience with the school though.

The College Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati is another school in which you should be looking at...top notch program!

The College Conservatory of Music at the University of Cincinnati is another school in which you should be looking at...top notch program!

Thanks, I'll go make a request for information now.

I live less than 20 miles away from UNCSA but I don't really know much about the school itself. I know that a few of my high school tech theater friends want to go there. One of them said their scene shop is friggin' amazing! I have no first-hand experience with the school though.

They had an ad in the latest issue of Dramatics magazine I got and I believe it said they have over 50,000 sq ft of scene shop space... they have the blueprints online... it is AWESOME!

I've worked with a couple of scenic and lighting designers from UNCA who were in DC for a Kennedy Center fellowship and had very good experiences in all cases--but of course these were individuals picked for that fellowship so I can't vouch for the overall caliber of their program. However, as you've said, it sounds pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back