Scissor Lifts and Stage Floors.

Another thing to consider is maneuvering. While you may run into things with any lift I find steering a scissor lift to be... tricky at best. The extra length can make working around a box set a beast. Granted, if you can work around this, or are really good with a bounce focus, then maneuverability is moot.

Another thing to consider is maneuvering. While you may run into things with any lift I find steering a scissor lift to be... tricky at best. The extra length can make working around a box set a beast. Granted, if you can work around this, or are really good with a bounce focus, then maneuverability is moot.
I drove a ton of big scissor lifts with no problem. The smaller ones used to give me a fit but practice is the secret. One venue I work in stores it's lift on the opposite end of the hotel from the hall. You have to zigzag through back hallways with pallets and racks from catering scattered about. You find out how to drive in a hurry. To get on stage you have to put it in an elevator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back