Screen Door

Our director wants a screen door for the actor to fall through in one scene. I know this means we'll have to replace the screen every night, but we run just one weekend, so it's not that big of a deal budget/time wise. What material would be best to get? Fiberglass or aluminum?

Personally I'd use the cheap rubberized plastic kind. It cheap, it tears easily, and it's cheap. I know the fiberglass tears pretty easily too, not sure how it would scratch someone but it is possible that someone could wind up with a glass sliver in their eye

Bridal netting, also known as tulle, would be my choice. Cheap and safe. If you can't find black/gray/silver, spray paint should fix it. Might consider taping it on, instead of stapling, if you want easy release as the actor goes through.

I just wanted to let you all know how it worked out. We went with the fiberglass screen from Lowes. It worked perfectly. Ripped easily at the staples and we could get about 3 or 4 uses out of each piece of screen before having to replace it.

I just wanted to let you all know how it worked out. We went with the fiberglass screen from Lowes. It worked perfectly. Ripped easily at the staples and we could get about 3 or 4 uses out of each piece of screen before having to replace it.
Hey That's fantastic ! I always appreciate when folks report on a project they received help on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back