Wireless Sennheiser g2 with g1 receiver and band compatibility

Tuomaspap

Hello everyone !

my name is thomas , i live in Greece and have an EW100g2 wirelless mic .
Recently the receiver was stolen leaving me with just the mic and a serious prob.
since i had bough thesystem when it was almost new , i have given alot of money for it and need to find a solution so the mic doesnt become useless.

Looking over the net i have found quite a few g2 receivers for sale on their own , however theor price range is kinda ridiculus. I have managed to find a g1 true diversity receiver and i was wondering... First will they work together?<( i read in another thread that they would , but no harm in asking again ) and second of all is there a way to get the frequency ranges compatible? The receiver i found is E band 836-870 and my mic is D band since the mic screens says 821.000. Is it possible for either the receiver or transmiter to change to another band? Can i freely choose a frequency or do i have to get a d band only receiver? Any other suggestions would be great..thnx alot

Quick and Easy Answer: NO, an end user nor the factory can change the frequancy band of a transmitter or receiver.

How I know this and other info on Senheiser wireless:
I run 12 Senheiser G2 in Band A, Was given a Band C receiver from elsewhere in our School District. Had same question. However, Senheiser has put enough practical thinking into their product to make them backwards compatible. Meaning a G3 transmitter will work with a G1 receiver, vis versa. The huge item you need to pay attention to is the frequency band. Something I discovered is the new G3 equipment has a frequency shift. If you set using 'Bank, Channel' the frequencies will not match. The simple work around is using the tune function.

Quick and Easy Answer: NO, an end user nor the factory can change the frequancy band of a transmitter or receiver.

How I know this and other info on Senheiser wireless:
I run 12 Senheiser G2 in Band A, Was given a Band C receiver from elsewhere in our School District. Had same question. However, Senheiser has put enough practical thinking into their product to make them backwards compatible. Meaning a G3 transmitter will work with a G1 receiver, vis versa. The huge item you need to pay attention to is the frequency band. Something I discovered is the new G3 equipment has a frequency shift. If you set using 'Bank, Channel' the frequencies will not match. The simple work around is using the tune function.

Hi and thnx for the reply!
So basically the only thing i can do is get either a G1,2,3 receiver of the same band. Or go for a g3 receiver in order to use the freq shift option?

Thnx again

Hi and thnx for the reply!
So basically the only thing i can do is get either a G1,2,3 receiver of the same band. Or go for a g3 receiver in order to use the freq shift option?

Thnx again

Sorry for the slight confusion. The only option is getting a receiver on the same frequency band.

The frequency shift I talked about happened because/during the 700Mhz band becoming banded from public use. The frequency shift isn't something you can order as an option. Senheiser had to adjust their new line of equipment (G3).

You can make it work with differing generations of the same band.
If you do so, be aware that different generations had slightly different edges of the bands and that the groups are unlikely to align nicely.
If I recall correctly there may also be some piot tone issues for which there are menu options to get around.

It IS generally possible to reband equipment. But it is NOT something that an end user nor the vast majority of service centres are capable of. It may be more expensive to reband than to replace, you've been warned...

Remember, if you reband, you will probably need to replace the front-end filters in addition to the rock. And maybe the LO low pass filter as well (depends on what's in it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back