simple DMX controller

Pace514

Hi ALL !!!
New on Control Booth ! Glad to get access to all that knowhow !
Please excuse my not so good english.

So
I'm using LXConsole, touchOSC on an Ipad Pro to run my shows. It is nice to create layouts very specific to a show. But some times, there is nothing like grabbing a physical cursor or punching a real button. So, i am looking for a very basic controller that would have a few cursor and punch button that i could control via OSC.
I would appreciate any suggestions !

Thanks a lot !

Pace from Montreal

Hi ALL !!!
New on Control Booth ! Glad to get access to all that knowhow !
Please excuse my not so good english.

So
I'm using LXConsole, touchOSC on an Ipad Pro to run my shows. It is nice to create layouts very specific to a show. But some times, there is nothing like grabbing a physical cursor or punching a real button. So, i am looking for a very basic controller that would have a few cursor and punch button that i could control via OSC.
I would appreciate any suggestions !

Thanks a lot !

Pace from Montreal
Calling @Rob
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Welcome to the booth.

My first glance is that you're asking for your current system, but you want some physical controls that will let you keep using a remote. Another OSC remote might be the cheapest and easiest solution.

Physical consoles with OSC or similar remote input tend not to be at the low end of price or simplicity. Be aware that servo faders are extremely expensive and rare in lighting.

@Rob can tell you all about Pathway Connectivity's Cognito/Choreo and maybe some other ideas. A great choice but might not fit a tight budget. They do make some network faders that you might use in addition to your current gear. Merging the two signals can mean more parts.

ETC Colorsource console has a network remote function that isn't OSC. I would call it simpler and less expensive than Cognito. Depending on your rig it might do well.

Chamsys might have something, but I'm not very familiar with their line. Once you get much below $1000 I'd suggest home made Arduino projects. Something about an OSC fader rings a bell, but nothing more.

Can you fill 8n some details of your goals?

I'm not sure if the luminosus program can be configured to send osc that isn't tuned for ETC's EOS series of desks, but it's free and might be worth a look. It will interface to a midi control surface and send osc commands. I've used it with a Korg microcontroller and ETC nomad to map the faders and buttons to desk faders and functions.

Thanks for your help !
OK ! Maybe i didi not formulate well my question. Here is my booth setup. As i said, touchOSC is great but i would want to ad a device with physical faders and bump buttons.
Ideally as small as you can see in yellow on my jpeg. ( 6 bumps and faders) Could be network, dmx, midi, osc. ??? I even tough to build it myself but maybe it is more complicated than i think.

Thanks again !

Cheap and hacked together. Now we're in my wheelhouse.

I know that you asked about control over OSC however LXConsole can also be controlled by MIDI. It's pretty easy to program, no more difficult than OSC.

This opens up a lot of options. (Sorry don't know the rules about Amazon links so you'll have to search.)

Behringer makes a few nice options like the X-Touch Compact or X-Touch Mini
Korg has the nanoKONTROL2 and the nanoKONTROL Studio. The studio can connect with Bluetooth.

A search for MIDI controller will bring up a full range of features and prices so you would have to see what works best for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back