Design SMPTE / LOR / Multi Lighting System Show Control Guidance

cancolby

Hello. I was hoping to get some advice regarding the show control set up I'm envisioning for a Christmas light show project I'm leading.

Essentially, the show will consist of a Light-O-Rama PC controlling thousands of lights on a Christmas tree.
Another PC with Hog software will control several moving lights and LED washes.
Another possible PC will run the show soundtrack in stereo and also send a click track to the live band so I can program precise cues for their set.

I was planning on pressing Play in Light-O-Rama which would have a SMPTE .wav file playing. The SMPTE would go into the Hog PC to fire those cues, and also into an MTC converter, then into the audio PC to play multiple tracks of audio.

There are several things I could do differently I realize, but as far as my knowledge goes, this would be one way to accomplish this. Is MTC necessary, or is there SMPTE Multi-track playback software out there?

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Colby

Okay I've realized that I can probably eliminate the dedicated sound computer by playing a four channel soundtrack via a USB sound device from LOR if it's supported. I'll look in to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back