Wireless Static SHURE wireless Frequency's and adding SLX4's

NickVon

I have a group that is coming in with their show tomorrow. We patched in there microphones which are a hodge podge of Shures wireless through out the last 2 decades.

(10) SLX- 518-542
(6) T4N- CE, VH, V, CL, VH, W
(5) UT4- VH, VE, VM, VQ, VN
(4) UHF- VL, VK, VQ, UT4A

I attempted to figure out the Shure wireless workbench but was unable to figure out how to plug in these old MIC's into it. or what frequency they even use. everything except for the SLX are static frequencies.

We are in a 07003 zip code.

Any assistance on what to configure the SLX to is much appreciated. The one night event opens tomorrow evening with rehearsal all day starting at 8am with the kids.

Thanks in advance.
Nick

Those UTs are 700 megs systems, and I suspect the UHF ones are also.
The T4Ns are VHF mics.

WWB is so much more than just a direct connect to UHF or UHF-R (or PSM 1000)...

When you KNOW how to use it, you can do a frequency coordination that includes any manufacturer's gear...

So getting back to the OP's situation, I'd just coordinate them on their own...

Which looks something like the attached...View attachment SLX in 07003.pdf

Last edited:
Thanks Chris

Do the frequencies you figuered out account for the T4N, UT4, etc mics that i couldn't find a frequency on?

Appreciate the help guys. This is the first time this group has been back in 2 years and their older mics are even sketchier now then they were 2 years ago.

Thankfully they brought in their own outside audio guys to fight with the technology.

In addition of course even for the new 10 SLX units, there is Zero RF distro. Who ever bought, or vendor they got them from did them a disservice by not forcing them into that option. It is antenna farm galore up in here.

Nick

Last edited:
The VHF mics will be sufficently far away as to be a non issue for intermod, so they have been ignored.

The 700 megs stuff I would recommend stays in the truck, because it's reliablity can be far from guaranteed, but its illegallity can be guaranteed.
At any rate, it's also 200 odd megs away, so even the crappiest of front end filters should be able to keep that out...

Thanks for the help Chris. I meant to grab a picture of the antenna farm but forgot to. Ohwell maybe next year...... though hopefully not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back