sticking gel to a window

Idk if im being tested but I was asked if I can apply gel to windows using soda and a squeegee to knock down light coming into a room for a shoot. anyone done this? I figured cutting and taping would be easiest but I guess there's other ways to do it?

Idk if im being tested but I was asked if I can apply gel to windows using soda and a squeegee to knock down light coming into a room for a shoot. anyone done this? I figured cutting and taping would be easiest but I guess there's other ways to do it?

Water works just fine too, I have a window that has been 'stained glass' with a Rosco swatchbook for several years now using only water.

I could see soda working, (sugar being the binding substance) But taping would be an easier (Less costly) way of doing it. and you could use the gel after.

We use water doing it for film / tv.

I've used soapy water before, never soda. Just a speck of water in some dawn or "bubble juice", works great.
Make sure you squeegee it well and Molecular Cohesion does the work.

Hairspray on glass will cut down the light just like a gel would. Also, scotch tape on the gel to the window. Even Scotch itself will make the light blurrier. If you are being tested, maybe ask them if they use a metric c-wrench.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back