The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

stirrup hanger

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by derekleffew, Apr 18, 2008.

  1. derekleffew

    derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

    Likes Received:
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    Commonly used in film/TV studios, but occasionally in theatre, a stirrup allows a lighting fixture to hang lower than the normal mounting position. Often called a "tail-down" and used to position lights so they can shoot around/above/below scenic items. Link to one manufacturer. Also available from Mole-Richardson, Matthews, and other film industry manufacturers. Sometimes also called a trombone.

    matthews_light_weight_telescoping_hangers_12.jpg matthews_heavy_duty_telescoping_1xr_4.jpg

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice