Strand 300/500: Patching Channels to Faders

"Patching" seems the wrong term here; it's really "assigning" is it not? See Patch, Types of (Lighting) . If it's possible at all, which I suspect it is. I bet @icewolf08 (among others) would know.

I might be very wrong. The only time I've ever touched a 300 was to move it out of the way so I could put my console in its place.

The Manual could say for sure, its been a long while since Ive done this on the 300 (which I USED to use on a daily basis). I remember assigning sections of the surface in order as different groups of channels or submasters, but that is all. I don't remember being able to do such a specific assignment.
Then again generally such is not nessasary. If I needed control of certain channels Id number those channels to channels actually on the surface and then the stuff I don't need on faders above that for keypad control. All about how you choose to lay out your patch.

Ive also never needed over 500 channels on a Strand 300 and wanted faders for them. Submasters yes.... and there is a (pain) way to get more submasters than the single section if I remember correctly.

Curious as to your patch and your application here.

It's been a while since I used a 300 console, but from what I remember, 1 of the fader tiles can be assigned as 24 submasters. You can record whatever to it. The other tiles, I think, are setup slider 1 to channel 1, 2 to 2, etc. You could patch whatever address you want, say 500, to channel 1 to control it with channel 1. You can patch multiple DMX addresses to the same channel as well. I can't remember how to do that though off the top of my head.

It's been a while since I used a 300 console, but from what I remember, 1 of the fader tiles can be assigned as 24 submasters. You can record whatever to it. The other tiles, I think, are setup slider 1 to channel 1, 2 to 2, etc. You could patch whatever address you want, say 500, to channel 1 to control it with channel 1. You can patch multiple DMX addresses to the same channel as well. I can't remember how to do that though off the top of my head.
Yes by default only ONE of the tiles can be setup as submasters. As I mentioned if I remember correctly it is possible to modify this, but it takes skill and knowledge (in DOS no less). There are also multiple submaster pages by default, you can access these by pressing [+] or [-]. There are actually Submaster Modes on the 300 and 500 series as well (one of the first consoles I ever used with such, not that most know that it has this ability), and even allows Macros on subs.

The OP specifically mentions changing the FADERS not the CHANNELS wanting CHANNEL 500 in a specific place on the surface. I had hoped the OP would come back and answer the questions such as "why".

Patching multiple addresses to a single channel is easy (and of course depends on if you are O/P or CHN ordered), and I am sure easy to find in the manual. For instance 1 [+] 2 [@] 1 [*]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back