Strand 520i Bad Wheel

etskinner

We have a Strand 520i console that's several years old and the wheel doesn't operate quite right. It's not sticky or anything, but when brought to a value and then let go of, it rolls back slightly. For example, when I bring something up to full and then let go, it'll drift back down to about 97.

Is this a typical problem?
Will it need to be looked at professionally, or is there something I can do before resorting to that?

Well, as a long time 500 series driver, I can say a couple things. First off, my 520 often does the same thing. Second, Strand no longer supports these consoles.

That being said, I believe that it is probably either the o-ring/rubber band that connects the wheel to the encoder, or just a dirty encoder that is your problem. I would imagine you can find a suitable replacement for the band at a hardware store and you could try cleaning the encoder with contact cleaner.

Me, I just don't worry about it because I don't use the wheel for much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Try a different o-ring from the hardware store. We had issues with one on a 300 series that would get a memory to it from not being used. Different o-rings resolved that issue. (An o-ring acts as a belt connecting the wheel to the encoder.)

Im having a similar problem with my 520i. My issue is the track ball getting sticky. Im not sure how to clean a trackball that doesnt realease from its ring (like a mouse trackball would). Is there anyway that anyone knows to get the ball out so i can clean it up?

Im having a similar problem with my 520i. My issue is the track ball getting sticky. Im not sure how to clean a trackball that doesnt realease from its ring (like a mouse trackball would). Is there anyway that anyone knows to get the ball out so i can clean it up?

The trackball has to be released from the inside. Pretty easy to get to, only a couple screws.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?r11web

Users who are viewing this thread

Back