Theft of Obama audio truck probed in Virginia

venuetech

Departed Member
Theft of Obama audio truck probed in Virginia | Reuters

(Reuters) - Authorities are investigating the theft of a truck that a Virginia television station said held President Barack Obama's teleprompter and other speaking equipment.

WWBT in Richmond said a truck holding a portable sound system, presidential seals and other equipment was stolen from the parking lot of a hotel in Chesterfield, Va., about 100 miles south of Washington.

The vehicle was recovered in the parking lot of another hotel on Monday afternoon, WWBT reported on its website, citing sources. It put the value of the equipment at about $200,000.

the wwbt story
http://www.nbc12.com/story/15716468/thieves-steal-truck-with-presidents-equipment

Last edited:
HA ! Just wait till those guys find out every piece of equipment has a gps tracker in it and the predator drones start looking for them. Or maybe everything is equipped with a self-destruct ?

Tea Party conspiracy?

It's funny, I got a call Sunday to see if I could take equipment to Winston-Salem for a Monday presidential date. Maybe this is why.

HA ! Just wait till those guys find out every piece of equipment has a gps tracker in it and the predator drones start looking for them. Or maybe everything is equipped with a self-destruct ?

This is America. Obama seems to be a fan of the predator missiles. If a shop near you blows up let us know! If it had a self destruct on the gear, it would have come from Israel.

No, Keith, this one can actually make a speech with out a teleprompter. Heck this one can read a book.

Hes probably not as good as our past one at using a chainsaw tho... Not how useful that skill is but still.

Two things:

1. The POTUS has his own audio rig? I have a wedding coming up and need gear. Wonder if he'll rent it to me? I have my own truck...

2. Stolen gear? Jeez, the Secret Service needs a roadie on staff. Rule 1: GO TO THE NEAREST PAWN SHOP! Stolen gear winds up there more than you know. Or maybe that's just a Vegas rule.

How fortuitous that the geniuses of the Louisiana legislature, in an attempt to make it easier to track the sales of stolen goods, have passed a bill forbidding cash for purchase of second-hand goods. Except for pawn shops; go figure. :confused:
Louisiana bans using cash in sales of second-hand goods | The Raw Story

[conspiracy]

It's a poorly disguised attempt to continue moving America away from physical currency.

[/conspiracy]

I thought Obama was using Political Productions.

I don't understand what they think they are stopping. Around here yard sales and flea markets are huge, they would be eliminated by this law.

[conspiracy]

It's a poorly disguised attempt to continue moving America away from physical currency.

[/conspiracy]

"I'll trade ya this here chicken and a bowl o' beans for that there chainsaw. Whatta ya say Elmer???

:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back