Ticketmaster Monopoly Lawsuit

Well all I can say is...even though the technology has grown, and much of the experience has become better and much safer, and lots of costs have increased over time and all that - I remember when people got pissed off that Ticketron was charging 0.50/ticket service charge. Ticket prices were insane, sometimes as much as $15/ticket for a big show.

and now? How many of you can afford to buy a concert ticket now?

Well all I can say is...even though the technology has grown, and much of the experience has become better and much safer, and lots of costs have increased over time and all that - I remember when people got pissed off that Ticketron was charging 0.50/ticket service charge. Ticket prices were insane, sometimes as much as $15/ticket for a big show.

and now? How many of you can afford to buy a concert ticket now?
One of my co-workers is flying to Germany to see Taylor Swift because it costs less to fly to Germany, get a hotel, and buy tickets to the show then it would have been to see the tour here in the states

One of my co-workers is flying to Germany to see Taylor Swift because it costs less to fly to Germany, get a hotel, and buy tickets to the show then it would have been to see the tour here in the states
The ski industry is seeing the same thing. For the east coast skier its cheaper to fly to Europe to ski then to ski in Colorado/Utah.

In Tacoma, the three city owned theaters were operated by a local non-profit. When the contract came up for renewal last time, the city went with Live Nation to run the theaters, pushing the local group out. I wonder if the city managers will regret their decision?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back