Upgrading Church Recording

Hi Controlbooth. I am a Music Director at a church in Central CA, Monterey Area, and I have better than average A/V knowledge. I am looking for reccomendations for upgrading our recording process. Curretnly we have been using our AUX outs from our Yamaha analog board to a basic CD recorder. Mixing live and recording at the same time. Would love some advice on how I can mix out to a laptop. Am I limited to the R and L channnels only or can i get it to mix raw out to my computer and then edit and master channels in logic or protools? What equipment would I need? Or do i just need to go digital and do it all that way?

Welcome to CB! Great to have you here. Be sure to use the search function. There is a lot of great knowlege in previous posts here. In the past couple of weeks there has been discussion of computere infaces and such that cover some of your questions.

If you cannot find what you are looking for after searching around, feel free to post in the Sound Forum. If you do, be sure to list as much information about your situation and needs as possible, including current equipment, how it is hooked up and how it is used, budget for the project, and desired outcome. That will enable us to help you best.

Enjoy CB!

~Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back