Uploading problem with a blue DP8000

Creator

Hello everyone,

So the problem is i have 2 DP8000s and they both run wholehog 3 software. Now one of the wholehog 3s died and we have a road hog 4 now. But the problem is that even though i follow all the instructions correctly in order to load the hog 4 software ( version 3.6.1) by means of USB stick ( with the entire make your stick bootable manual) it just does not want to upload my software. It try the forcing method by means of holding the three buttons as well ( All that after three times trying on both DP8000s they way you supposed to do it ( without any buttons touched, as per the manual). So does anyone have an idea how to get the software for the hog 4 ( version mentioned above ) on my DP8000 if the above trickery i tried does not work.

Thank for all your help, great to be part of the group.

What brand/size USB stick are you using? Get a smaller one and maybe a different brand.

Check to see if there are hidden files on the stick that could interfere with the boot process.

Some starter troubleshooting.

What brand/size USB stick are you using? Get a smaller one and maybe a different brand.

Check to see if there are hidden files on the stick that could interfere with the boot process.

Some starter troubleshooting.

When you make them bootable they get wiped completely, but i checked and no there was nothing to interfere, tried with four different usb sticks of different sizes all above 1 GB (as told in the instructions). The brands are dakap, sandisk,lexar and cruzer, so that should be fine.

Well hmmm. I got nothing. Maybe put in a call to High End.

I run a "Blue" DP8000 with my Roadhog 4. I can load my software right from the network window...HOWEVER, I found that you have to do a couple of things...

In the control panel (BEFORE launching a show), enable "use Default IP settings", "enable DHCP server," and "enable Boot server".... make sure the DP8000 is also set to get it's IP from DHCP. Then when you booth up, go to the network window and see if it shows up. You should then be able to send the software over the network to it from the network window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back