Vectorworks Legends

Hi folks:

Steve Shelley here. Yes, SoftSymbols are not free. I provide discounts to trade shows and site licenses. But SoftSymbols comes with 3500 symbols, in both 2D and 3D, with data, in a uniform line weight. It also comes with with graphic maps and excel pdf's to support the symbols shown in each library, along with a 60-page "how to" on making symbols. When you open any of my object libraries, every symbol is shown in every library. Contact information for every manufacturer is also provided.

i attempt to update all the libraries every two to three years. I contact every manufacturer every time. i add an average of 10 to 12 new manufacturers with every version. I indicate which symbols are new, and which are discontinued.

Yep, SoftSymbols are not cheap. but if you consider that making a scaled symbol from scratch in both 2D and 3D, with accurate data, could take around 15 minutes, then i think the package is a savings in time. And i think it's worth noting that we now offer the RP-2 USITT package, the ETC package, the Wildfire Package, or the SeaChanger package for only $15 each. We also offer a free download of the USITT poster. Field Templates™ THE Source for Theatrical Lighting Symbols!.

If you prefer to save money and make your own symbols then i congratulate you on your entrepreneurship. My objective for creating the package, though, is to provide a product allowing the end user to draft a light plot, not fight with the symbols.

Please email me if i can provide you with any additional information.

Thanks,

Steve Shelley
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back