What I need to start a Lighting Events Company?

Hi Guys, i'm new here, but i want to start a little company of Lightning of events, party, weddings, corporate events.
And I need your advice to know what LED lighting equipment with dmx and that operate with batteries, no wires, need to get started. To make events from 100 to 1500 guests by example.
Please I need the more economical but Good, her in Venezuela we have problems to acces the Dollar. (excuse me for my English)
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Keep in mind both of the fixtures Derek mentioned around around 2,000 US per unit. What is your reasoning to go completely wireless? That statement right there is going to quadrupole your overall costs.

The Elation Event series is wireless. Such as: Elation Professional - Professional Lighting Products The list price is $1200, compared to the $500 price of the wired version. I will say, though, that they certainly have their place. I rented 14 of them (edit: "them" as in wireless LED's, not specifically the Elations) once and was enormously glad that I didn't have to run power to each one (outside with lots of foot traffic).

I think I used the MasterBlast here:

Last edited:
The Elation Event series is wireless. Such as: Elation Professional - Professional Lighting Products The list price is $1200, compared to the $500 price of the wired version. I will say, though, that they certainly have their place. I rented 14 of them once and was enormously glad that I didn't have to run power to each one (outside with lots of foot traffic).

I think I used the MasterBlast here:
Oooh, I did not know elation made any wireless LEDs, they configure pretty easily on show site? I only dream of all the time it would save not having to run and tape down cables with some of the shows I do!

I haven't used any of the Elation wireless. The picture is of MasterBlasts, but if the Elations work anything like them then I'm sure they are fine units. Reading back over my post I see how my wording would lead you to believe I had rented the Elations. I may actually start buying into the Elations. I have enough MegaPixels to be my versatile LED's, it would be nice to have wireless for room lighting and wall wash. I'll check into pricing tomorrow and let you know what I find out if you're interested.

Customers...

Then gear.

Then a place to store the gear.

:)

But seriously, wireless + battery powered + bright enough to do large events = impractically expensive.

For wireless, these are the ideal uplight fixture Global Design Solutions - Technical, Commercial & Design for the Entertainment Industry but they ONLY can be used that way. They have no yoke and they are really pricy. A par can will give you more flexibility, but it will require wires. You can buy par 64 led for under $100, each. Get some multi-outlet stringers, some data cable, and you'll still be way under the price of those GDS lights.

But as fx120 said, customers would be a good idea, also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back