What the heck do I call it???

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Ok Brains. What do you call this piece of hardware?? it's a flange, yes, but a flange that attaches to a keyed motor shaft. the flange then attaches to something else , like the hub of a fan, or the end of a snow machine tube that you want to spin. I've been looking for days. First person to tell me what the heck it is get my undying admiration...
flangethingy.jpg

No its a thing-a-ma-jiggy.

It's not a roundtuit either.... now what the heck is it ?
No it's not a 'flange bearing' I got one of those from Grainger after explaining exactly what I wanted.

McMaster-Carr
...A drive flange, most often used in the automotive world.
......I can not find any on Mcmaster or Grainger.
Good then it's not just me being crazy ! Once again, Kyle, you've earned my utmost respect and admiration.

Having been an product engineering designer for three decades I can say for certain that it is...whatever whoever worked up that CAD model wishes to call it! I would start with a 'slotted flange hub plate whosit' and embellish from there.

Well, my local favorite hardware store, W.C. Winks Hardware, sells it as a " Die-Cast Hub" and sells it for $10.00. Grainger, McMaster, McGuire, apparently don't carry them. I should have trusted old sources better. Thanks all !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back