Control/Dimming Wybron eclipse IT shutting down

Lsly

Hello all!

We have a Wybron Eclipse LF IT. It's on a 2.5K HMI, I know, gasp, only rated to a 1.2k HMI, NOT MY CALL...anyway it keeps shutting down. Just wondering if this is a thermal issue, and if so how can I tell? There is no indicator for this problem, just shuts off. Also, vendor gave me a Chroma Q PS for this unit. Does this actually work? I understand I can't use a RAM2 PS, but a Chroma Q will work?

Thanks

L Sly

You could use an IR thermometer to measure the temperature when it shuts down. The manual doesn't give any specific number, though.

We have a Wybron Eclipse LF IT. It's on a 2.5K HMI, I know, gasp, only rated to a 1.2k HMI, NOT MY CALL...anyway it keeps shutting down. Just wondering if this is a thermal issue, and if so how can I tell? There is no indicator for this problem, just shuts off. Also, vendor gave me a Chroma Q PS for this unit. Does this actually work? I understand I can't use a RAM2 PS, but a Chroma Q will work?
While, technically, a Chroma-Q PSU should work (I think) because the pin out is the same, it does void your warranty. The user manual states explicitly that it should only be used with the Wybron IT class PSUs listed. You certainly wont get any of the RDM capabilities out of it when not using the IT PSUs, but I think that it should, you know, work.

How many units do you have on the PSU? What size PSU is it? How long are the 4-pin cable runs? Is the PSU plugged into a proper 120VAC supply?

-Tim

While, technically, a Chroma-Q PSU should work (I think) because the pin out is the same, it does void your warranty. The user manual states explicitly that it should only be used with the Wybron IT class PSUs listed. You certainly wont get any of the RDM capabilities out of it when not using the IT PSUs, but I think that it should, you know, work.

How many units do you have on the PSU? What size PSU is it? How long are the 4-pin cable runs? Is the PSU plugged into a proper 120VAC supply?

-Tim

We have only one IT in the rig rest are eclipse 2s. So just the one on the chroma q psu. 100' cable and good voltage to the unit. Looks like a 8 way psu or a magic box maybe.

Just wondering what others have experienced using the IT on a fixture greater than 1.2k

Seems to have settled in now and is working.

Lorin

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back