XLR connector for 9mm cable

You're going to have to explain your situation because I don't know of any stock XLR connectors that can support cable that large.

What cable are you using that has a Ø9mm?

This stuff:

For only $52.05 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 8.0mm Professional Microphone Bulk Cable - 250FT | 8.0mm Professional Microphone Cables

They claim its OD is 8mm, which works with my connectors, but the spool I have is actually 9mm OD. The cable is mostly elastomer. The conductors inside fit within a 4mm circle.

On a side note, there are arrows down the jacket. Possibly "signal flow" arrows in the manner of monster cable?
I have no intention of paying any attention to said markings. Let's not start a flame war here.

But he needs the connectors, not the cable

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

But he needs the connectors, not the cable

The OP (headcrab) was sharing what cable he was using, not posting a suggestion.

Would you look at that, they were both headcrab haha, I hadnt read that well enough, thought someone was recommending cable to him haha

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Neutrik offers versions of their connectors that are made for large-diameter cables. Switchcraft connectors are pretty flexible, too, and you could probably make the cable fit their strain relief - the shell, on the other hand, may be an issue. Amphenol connectors are also available with large-diameter "cable jaws", but I don't prefer them as a brand overall.

I stand corrected Neutrik does cater to your needs.

That would have been nice to know when I went through my nylon sleeving phase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back