Mixers/Consoles Yamaha LS9 Studio Manager Simple Questions

OSnapple

Hey guys, I seen this was the most active forum out there so figure i would try to get some of your expertise.

Ive been using the Yamaha LS9 Digital Console for about a year now. I use the LS9 at 2 separate venues.

In venue one, i operate directly on the console.

In Venue two, i use the studio manager to control via a wireless connection on a laptop.

When i work on the Ls9 directly i have all my user defined keys exactly the way i need them.

But when i switch to the laptop control, i cant seem to find out how to trigger my user defined keys.

I would also like to know how to trigger recording from the laptop as well, as this is something i use often when directly on the console, but am unable to make life easy by doing this Via the laptop.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Owen

In Studio Manager, I do not believe it's possible to use the user-defined keys; all you can do is define them. I don't think there is a way to remotely trigger recording either.

I appreciate the response, thats kind of a bummer considering im a delay junkie LOL

I may shoot off an e-mail to Yamaha, and see if they have any firmware updates that may allow me to do this, or even suggest it for the future

The User Defined Keys and the USB playback/recording functionality are not available via Studio Manager. At least they weren't the last time I used an LS9, which was about a year ago. I installed an LS9-16 at my previous church and used it for a couple of years before I left the church. Studio Manager on a laptop was awesome, but I had the same complaints you do OSnapple.

heh thanks man, its just absurd to me that you can edit them via studio manager but cant trigger them, its like you can only have a little bit of fun hahaha

o well i shot an e-mail off to yamaha so lets see what they say, ill keep you guys in the loop

I guess there's a reason why the software isn't called "Remote Console" ... ;) I have the 01v96 and the SM limitations are much more severe ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back