Another Colornet question (sorry!)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting my second topic this week but I wanted to see if I could get any insight on this.

At school we have an Leviton Innovator 48 Board, and there is something in the manual about ColorNet...

I searched online and on this forum, but couldnt find anything that was really helpful.

I am curious what ColorNet does, and if it allows one to control some of the board functions online via a PC/Mac/phone/etc? I am asking this because I just got an iPad and wanted to see if there was ANY way to use the iPad as a RFU to bring up some channels or anything that would allow me some control over the board while I am physically away from it....maybe ColorNet has something to do with controlling the board over the internet?

Anyone have any insight on this?
Thank you!

As far as I have been able to determine the colornet faction on levitons systems are just for in house connections to their own products. Colornet 2.0 seems to be their ethernet protocol. You could connect to their dimmers if you have them, integrate their architectural lighting into your console, or if you buy one of their routing boxes you use their hand held remote onstage along with a monitor to check your plot or cue list. I don't know of any apps available to connect to it via Ipads/phones etc. If you hear of any let me know!

Hi everyone,

Sorry for posting my second topic this week but I wanted to see if I could get any insight on this.

At school we have an Leviton Innovator 48 Board, and there is something in the manual about ColorNet...

I searched online and on this forum, but couldnt find anything that was really helpful.

I am curious what ColorNet does, and if it allows one to control some of the board functions online via a PC/Mac/phone/etc? I am asking this because I just got an iPad and wanted to see if there was ANY way to use the iPad as a RFU to bring up some channels or anything that would allow me some control over the board while I am physically away from it....maybe ColorNet has something to do with controlling the board over the internet?

Anyone have any insight on this?
Thank you!

ColorNet is thier own ethernet protocol. You will not be able to use your Ipad as an RFU. I wanted to do this with my laptop years ago and looked into it for my Innovator 24/48 board. It would work if the board talked Artnet, but it does not and will not. The offline editor that is available for the innovator will not act as a remote, it is strictly an offline editor. sorry.

Kenneth Pogin
Production / Tour Manager
Minnesota Ballet

How to control your console from your Ipad/Iphone/Ipod Touch:

A Guide by Michael O. of Black Sail Cinema.

Step 1. Install a PC/MAC based Lighting Console. (Horizon, etc..)

Step 2. Connect Computer to WiFi

Step 3. Turn on Ipod touch/Ipad/Iphone

Step 4. Go to app store and buy Iteleport.

Step 5. Download and install TightVNC on PC.

Step 6. Configure and Launch TightVNC server (see documentation provided with download)

Step 7. Sign in to your Google account on PC/Mac and also on Ipod/Iphone/Ipad.

Step 8. Configure and Launch Iteleport.

Step 9. Adjust refresh rate on Iteleport to maximum capability.

Step 10. THERE IS NO STEP 10! you are done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back