Blue tooth and dusty phones

gafftapegreenia

CBMod
CB Mods
Two part question here, concerning shop dust and Bluetooth headsets.

1) anyone have a recommendation for an affordable case that actually keeps out dust grit and metal shavings? Any time I get a new phone my speakers work well for a week before they fill with grime and I have to take all my calls on speaker phone.

2) anyone have a recommendation for a Bluetooth headset (or maybe a throat mic) that’s comfortable for shop wear along with sweat and PPE?

Two part question here, concerning shop dust and Bluetooth headsets.

1) anyone have a recommendation for an affordable case that actually keeps out dust grit and metal shavings? Any time I get a new phone my speakers work well for a week before they fill with grime and I have to take all my calls on speaker phone.

2) anyone have a recommendation for a Bluetooth headset (or maybe a throat mic) that’s comfortable for shop wear along with sweat and PPE?
I like Over the ear Phones with noise cancelling built-in. BUT, (there's always a BUT) I've found most to be heavy and not having a boom mic makes them, usually, really sucky for phone conversations. I have a pair that I got for work at my desk when I had two workmates who had two levels of talking, 80db and 120db, then I found that Noise cancelling specifically ignores the average speech frequencies and the built-in condenser mic was always a complaint from guys on Teams meeting.
Sorry, I really wasn't much help was I?

Probably not for phone calls whilst proximate to operating tools or machinery, but I've liked the AfterShokz Open Com. As for a case that will survive the scene shop, I'd use the same think you're using for your lungs. Oh, wait, that IS the problem...

You'll probably need something like one of the OtterBox total immersion cases. Thick and heavy, but your phone might survive.

Any chance you're buying Motorola phones? They're notorious for failing earpieces and mics.

I Iove the Supcase Unicorn Beetle cases. Which are about $20 on Amazon. I remove the built in screen protector and use a glass one.

I Iove the Supcase Unicorn Beetle cases. Which are about $20 on Amazon. I remove the built in screen protector and use a glass one.
It's got a rubber gasket to cover the power port. The screen protector is an integrated part of how the case comes together. I don't really like how it feels so I flip the screen protector over and use a sharp knife to delicately cut the protector out of the frame. Then snap it together. Comes with a holster too if that's your fashion statement.

I like my isotunes pro earbuds I've had since 2017. I use them maybe 4 to 10 hours a month. They are still holding a good charge after all this time and show no signs of wear or damage. i have replaced the foam tips once or twice, my ears are pretty clean so they don't get too yucky. I find that I do have to rotate them forward to get the clearest sound. If I rotate them back so that the loop fits tight against the front and top of my ear, the sound tends to get muffled and I may lose a bit of the seal. They come with little clips that let you take up the slack so that the cord sits at the nape of your neck which I like since it's out of the way and doesn't swing into view when you bend over. I don't know anything about the new 2.0 version, mine are the original version.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back