Control/Dimming CD80 with Outlook recording preset issue

BNEL

Hey everyone,

I have 2 CD80 dimmer racks with the Outlook architecture controls. This year I reprogramed the outlook panels so that they do not turn on every light in my space as it was programed before. The programing/recording of the presets went flawless except for one hitch. Some of the lights that were on to be recorded in the preset did not record. For example I have some pars hung for work lights on circuit 11, 35, 37, 54, 58, 62, 69, 72, 78, 91 . But when I recorded those light to be on in a preset; only 11,54,58,62,78 were recorded to be on in the preset.

Any ideas of why it is not recording in outlook?

I will go ahead and guess you are on a CD80 SV rack. I would go into the outlook patch and make sure the other channels are not patched into a different outlook room.

Could you please describe how you reprogrammed them? I've been trying to do this in one of my old theaters for years, but could never figure it out or find documentation.

Could you please describe how you reprogrammed them? I've been trying to do this in one of my old theaters for years, but could never figure it out or find documentation.

Not sure if you have the same exact setup, but my theater has CD80's and an Outlook system as well. Reprogramming the preset buttons is as simple as turning on the lights that you want in the preset and then holding down the preset button until the light flashes. Don't know how to reprogram the faders, though. :)

I have CD80 Supervisor racks and the way I do it is turn on the lights that I want a preset to turn on and Igo to the dimmer racks and record the preset in the rack menu under outlook presets.

I have an Outlook programming guide if anyone needs me to scan it in. Also, I have a 12 ch. slider station if anyone wants to make an offer on that.

Sorry for the late reply, my CD80SV doesn't have a screen. Only a port called SWC programmer (which is a 6-pin xlr) and a port called RS-232 (which looks like a phone port). Do I need to find some ancient cable to hook into this, and what software would I use? Or is there a form of an RFU somewhere that taps into this. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I
proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm not sure if this is a thing with a system as old as yours, but I just spent this afternoon reprogramming my venue's "Outlook" system, and it was possible to set individual channels as "DMX only." Something to check while you're in there.

Also, I'm guessing the RS232 port is for configuring your system with Vision.Net Designer 2 (v3 doesn't work with Outlook), available from Strand's site. You'll need a USB-RS232 adaptor and a Windows XP laptop (or VM) to use it. If your system is like mine, all you need to do is (first, find the station ID of your dimmer rack, then) add your dimmer rack to a VN designer project, then click Synchronize->"Get [dimmer, or something like that] settings from output device." You can then look at all the channels' room #s and priority modes and make appropriate changes before exporting the configuration back to the processor. Once the room #s are fixed (or whatever the issue is), just do the normal press-to-learn action from a wall station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back