Choosing among a few LED RGBA PAR models. Opinions?

JoelD

Want to get a few inexpensive RGBA PARs. I'm looking at going with one the following models and would appreciate any opinions on them (especially if you have experience with them):

Chauvet COLORdash Par-Quad 7
Chauvet SlimPAR Quad 12
Elation EPAR QA
Chauvet COLORdash Par-Quad 18

(I'm certianly open to other equivalent RGBA model suggestions, at the same price point or less.)

Thanks.

Here's some of the questions you'll get asked here (and if you call any decent dealer, they'll ask you the same things):

1. What are you trying to light?
2. What do/will you control them with?
3. Since you listed 4 models that are probably in the same $$ range, I'm guessing you have a budget. But when you say "a few" how many? 4? 10? Maybe more of something different is better for you than less of something more $$.
4. Is this for permanent or mobile use?

Have you stopped by the new member board and introduced yourself?

Add to your list Blizzards Puck Fab 5. Featuring seven 15w diodes with RGBAW color mixing and a MAP price of $ 255.55 they are hard to beat.

+2 on the blizzard units. I've purchased 6 RGBAW Toughstick wash units from them for color washing our stage, and they are beautiful. And I will be getting another 24 of their Puck RGBAW zoom par fixtures in the next couple weeks to replace my overstage fresnels. Again, great, heavy duty units, and beautiful coloration and control.

Dan

BillESC, I'm starting to make some comparisons with $300-400 LED pars and pucks. Have you compared the Blizzard Q12A with the Fab 5? They look quite similar - 12X10watt RGBA VS 7x15watt RGBAW. Total wattage is similar, but I'm guessing the Q12A's do better with saturated R, G, and Bs.

Output is about the same, however the Fab 5 give you the ability to create pastel colors. Saturated colors are good for both fixtures.

We always recommend as many different color diodes as possible, thus we normally recommend RGBAW units. So yeah, I like the Fab5 a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back