Elation Design Brick 70 + Element 60 console INTENSITY issue

as stated in the title, I'm using Elation's Design Brick 70 LED fixtures and an Element 60 console (not the best console for multi-parameter instruments, but it is what it is.) Also, we are configured to run in 11-channel mode. Set up as a "moving light" (multi-parameter) instead of using multiple board channels. Fixtures, console, and patch installed professionally.

Issue: I get much greater output/intensity when using the MACRO wheel than I do when use the individual RGBAW channels.

Intensity @ 100% Saturation @ 100% and then R or G or B or A or W @ 100%, strobe OPEN = maybe 50% (estimation) of the total output of any of the MACRO colors.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions?

Ray,

I'm curious which fixture profile you're using on the console. Would you be able to attach a show file to the thread? I might be overlooking something, but I can't find the profile in the Element's library as of 1.9.1.

It's possible, though probably not likely, that the profile doesn't put out a full DMX level of 255. I also wonder about the interaction of both HSI and RGBAW values being sent to the fixture at the same time. Does the Macro color bring up just one color of LEDs, or several?

These are just thoughts about what might be going on.

Hans

apparently this issue has been solved. Lindsey Glover is awesome. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back