Emergency; Using spot ML as Wash

techno89

Hey,

I have a show tomorrow and I have two spot ML's to use. I would like to use them as wash instead mainly just for the sake of covering the stage in color. Do you think that if I put a diffusion filter on the front of the lens just for tomorrow night?

Thanks,
Scott

Any more information on what "spot ML's" You'll have to use?

Well, assuming you can effectively wash the stage completely with said MLs, I don't see why not. How effective it is would depend on what type of unit it is, how bright it is, etc...you probably would need a fairly strong frost in order to get it perfect.

If anybody else knows more about it, they should chime in...

Also, you might want to check with the owners of the units to make sure they are okay with you taping on their units (if no gel frames) and using their frost. Also, telling more about the situation (type of MLs, type of show, alternatives, etc.) might help people better assess the scenario. Is this at the CAP?

Thanks for the replies.

The lights are 575w chinese knock-offs. Not my choice, the people before me bought them but I must admit they work well. My goal is just to get some light on a small maybe 20-30ft portion of acoustic shells. The school owns them so I know I can tape on them as I please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back